In 2014 Daugavpils district municipality completed implementation of the project “Cross – Border nature (LLB-2-258)” supported by the 2007-2013 European Neighbourhood Instrument Cross – Border Cooperation Latvia – Lithuania – Belarus Programme. Within the project was created Nature information center and permanent nature exposition which represents protected area of unique Augšdaugava landscape territory and nature park „Daugavas Loki”.
Visitors can use various multimedia solutions for more information such as floor interactive projection with sound shower to listen to sounds of nature, as well as Led display for more information about Daugavpils hydropower station history or holocube.
Nature Information Center Services
- Organizing excursions in the nature park “Daugavas Loki” (Slutišķi Old believers village, Markova exploration trail, Vasargelišķi viewing tower, Livonian order medieval Dinaburg castle model);
- Organizing excursions in the Juzefova park (Juzefova park, Juzefova St. Peter and Paul Roman Catholic Church);
- Organizing excursions in the Naujene Local History Museum
- Guide service (Latvian, Russian, Latgalian);
- Tourism information about protected area of unique Augšdaugava landscape territory and nature park „Daugavas Loki”.
- Souvenirs of Daugavpils district